You’re so close. You’ve made it to the home stretch, and somehow your belly is still growing! Now’s the time to start stocking the nursery and packing your bag for the hospital. But in all the excitement to welcome baby, don’t forget to take time to relax with your partner before you become parents.
Here’s what’s happening in your third trimester:
- Doctor on call. You will probably be busy visiting your doctor more often for frequent prenatal checkups. If you haven’t already, take a tour of the hospital or birthing center where you plan to deliver. Ask lots of questions about check-in procedures, where to park, etc. so you know what to expect.
- Find a pediatrician. Ask friends for recommendations and interview a few. Then choose your favorite.
- It’s time to party. Your friends and family may throw you a baby shower. It’s a great way to stock up on all the things your baby will need, especially diapers! Guests will know exactly what to get you thanks to the registry you set up in your second trimester.
- Buy baby gear. Do your research to choose the best stroller, crib, car seat and other essentials. Some people have their crib, bedding and other furniture delivered while they’re in the hospital, where others have it all set up before they leave home.
- Stock up on must-haves. It's time to gather your supply of Huggies® Little Snugglers Diapers and Huggies Natural Care® Wipes. Some families buy a couple of sizes because you never truly know how big the baby will be or how quickly they’ll grow.
- Nest. Many moms-to-be get a sudden blast of energy in their last months of pregnancy. If you do, it’s a good time for you and your partner to get the house ready. Clean closets, store some frozen meals in the freezer and organize your kitchen cabinets. Things may be getting a bit more chaotic, but your home will be ready.
- Pack for the hospital. No one really knows when your baby decides they are ready to enter the world so be prepared with a packed bag weeks before your due date. Throw in some energy bars, an extra t-shirt, and phone charger for your partner, so everyone is ready to go.
- Now’s the time for a babymoon. Take a romantic trip with your partner, near or far. Just make sure to check in with your doctor regarding any travel restrictions. If you’re first-time parents, this will be your last trip as a couple without children. And it may be a while before you get away again, so enjoy your time as a twosome.
- Put your feet up and relax. Enjoy a few days of peace and quiet as you wait for your little one to arrive.
The next step is your due date. Before you know it, you’ll be meeting and hugging your sweet little baby for the first time. Good luck!