The parents-to-be are about to turn the page on an exciting new chapter in their lives. Why not help them to celebrate this exciting transition by hosting a baby shower devoted to all things books and stories?
Set the mood for the baby shower by designing invitations that pick up on the books and stories motif. Design invitations that look like library cards. Or, if you prefer, go with a vintage children’s book theme. Then take things one step further by includinga note on your invitations encouraging each party guest to bring along a very special gift for baby: a copy of a book that they loved during their own growing up years and that they’re eager to pass along to the new arrival.
Ready to start decorating for the baby shower? Your first stop should be your local thrift shop, to load up on vintage children’s books. Set aside any books that are still in mint condition. You’ll want to bundle them up for baby or use them as partyfavors for baby shower guests. Then turn the rest into party decorations.
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Pinwheels: Fasten book pages together in a starburst formation to create these colorful pinwheels.
- Food table décor: Decorate the food table with coloring book pages and pages from a vintage grade school reader.
- Framed art prints: Frame some of the more eye-catching images from your vintage children’s book finds. They can double as party decorations and art for baby’s room.
Keep your party guests entertained with activities that tie into the story glory party theme:
- Create word art: All you need are wooden letters, book pages, picture frames, and some glue, and your guests will be able to create these attractive baby shower keepsakes.
- Record a story: Give party guests the opportunity to record themselves reading a book to baby. They can either record an audio track or ham it up on video—whichever they prefer.
A is for adorable, B is for baby, and C is for cupcakes that are almost too cute to eat... (almost!). Your party guests will appreciate these delicious alphabet-themed treats,and you’ll lovethe fact that they’re so easy to make. All you need are cupcakes, icing, and alphabet cookies (store-bought or home-made).
And here’s another simple idea that ties into the party theme: book-shaped treats made up of chocolate-dipped cookies of various sizes. Assemble, serve and enjoy….
Thank You Gift for Guests
All good things must come to an end—including baby showers. You can make the fun last a little while longer for your party guests by sending them home with this memorable party keepsake. Simply dress up a glass candle with a page from a vintage children’sbook and a colorful ribbon. Then set out the candles on a vintage cafeteria tray and spell out “thank you” in magnetic letters. Your guests will appreciate your thoughtfulness and your sense of style as they head home with this attractive memento.
Check out all our Huggies® Baby Shower inspiration on Pinterest and plan the perfect party! HUGGIES® Baby Shower Planner – Story Glory – Pinterest board