Spanish baby names:
- Isabella: A derivation of Elizabeth, this girl’s name means “pledged to God.” Variations include Isabelle, Isabel, Isabetta and Isobel, the Scottish spelling.
- Mateo: This Spanish version of Matthew, this boy’s name means “gift of God.”
- Jade: Meaning “stone of the side,” this is a popular name for baby girls.
- Diego: The Spanish version of James, this boy’s name means “supplanter.”
- Elena: This precious girl’s name means “bright shining light” and is the Spanish version of Helen. Laney would be a cute nickname.
- Alejandro: Meaning “defending men,” this name is the Spanish version of Alexander.
- Savannah: Though this name is often associated with the Southern city in the state of Georgia, this girl’s name is Spanish for “flat tropical grassland.”
- Juan: The Spanish version of John, this boy’s name means “the Lord is gracious.”
- Liliana: With cute nicknames including Lili, Lil and Ana, this girl's name means “lily, a flower.”
Germanic baby names:
- Kaspar: With alternate spellings including Casper and Kasper, this German boy’s name means “treasurer.”
- Bertina: “Famous,” “intelligent” and “bright” are the meanings of this German girl’s name. Bertie and Tina are cute nicknames.
- Florian: This German boy’s name means “blonde,” “blooming” and “flowering.”
- Anneliese: Meaning “favor” or “grace,” this girl’s name has alternate spellings including Annaliese, Annelies, Annalies. Fun nicknames are Liese, Anna and Liesl.
- Günther: Meaning “warrior,” this boy’s name has alternate spellings including Gunter, Gunner and Gunnar.
- Johann: Meaning “God is gracious,” this German boy’s name has many variations including Johan, Johannes, Hans, Jan, Yohan and Yoan.
- Renate: This German name for girls means “to be born again.”
- Karl: The German version of Charles, this boy’s name means “warrior” or “free man.”
- Rosamund: “Protector of horses” is the meaning of this girl’s name. Looking for a cute nickname? Rosa or Rosie are adorable.
- Leopold: Derived from Luitbald, a Germanic name meaning “brave people,” this name is cute when shortened to Leo for a baby boy.
Irish baby names:
- Finn: This boy’s name means “fair” or “white.” It’s an Irish favorite because it’s also the name of a mythological hero.
- Rowan: Though this name was originally primarily for girls, in recent year, it’s become a unisex name. It means “little redhead.”
- Sloane: Another name that was originally mostly for boys or a last name, this name is now popular and gender-neutral. It means “raider.”
- Saoirse: Derived from the Gaelic word for “freedom,” this girl’s name is on the rise.
- Riley: Once mostly a last name, this unisex name for babies means “courageous.”
- Aiden: Meaning “little” and “fiery” this name works for boys and girls.
- Megan: A diminutive of the Welsh name Margaret, this girl’s name means “pearl.” Meaghan is an alternate spelling.
- Orla: This pretty name for girls means “golden princess.”
- Killian: With its alternate spelling Cillian, this boy’s name means “church.”
- Alana: The feminine version of the boy’s name Alan, this name means “handsome” and “cheerful.”
Thai baby names:
- Dao: This girl’s name means “star.”
- Chai: Meaning “victory” or “triumph,” this would be a nice choice for a baby boy.
- Ananda: This boy’s name means “joy” or “bliss.”
- Jaidee: Equally appropriate for boys or girls, this Thai name means “good hearted.”
- Hansa: This Thai girl’s name means “swan.”
- Malee: Meaning “flower,” this would be a precious name for a little girl.
- Tai: This boy’s name means “from Thailand” or “talent.”
- Sunanda: Meaning “delightful” or “pleasing,” your baby girl is sure to embody these things.
Italian baby names:
- Arianna: “Most holy” is the meaning of this pretty girl’s name. The nickname Ari would work with this or the name’s variant spellings including Ariana, Ariadna and Ariadne.
- Domenico: Meaning “of the Lord,” this boy’s name is more popular in the United States with its alternate spelling of Dominic.
- Aurora: Technically derived from Latin, this girl’s name means “dawn,” “luminous” and “dazzling.” Rory is a cute nickname.
- Luciana: Meaning “light,” this girl’s name has plenty of variations including Luce, Lucinda, Lucy and Lucia.
- Martina: Related to dedication to the Roman god Mars, versions of this girl’s name include Martine, Marta and Tina.
- Angelo: This boy’s name means “God’s messenger” or “angel.”
- Mia: Meaning “dear,” “darling” or “loved one,” this name has the same root as Mary and Maria. Other related names include Amalia, Amelia and Maya.
- Serena: Made famous in modern times by tennis great Serena Williams, this girl’s name means “tranquil” or “serene.”
- Francesco: This boy’s name means “free one.” Nicknames include Frank, Frankie and Franco.
- Giovanni: Meaning “God is gracious,” this boy’s name is the Italian version of John.
Swahili baby names:
- Amana: This unisex name means “a warrior at heart” and “faithful and loyal.”
- Kenyada: This Swahili boy’s name means “jewel.” Looking for a girl version? Try Kenyatta.
- Kondo: Meaning “a warrior,” this is a worthy name for a baby boy.
- Nalah: Made famous by Disney’s Lion King, this girl’s name means “lioness.”
- Zahara: This girl’s name means “to bloom” or “to shine.” The most famous Zahara is the adopted daughter of actress Angelina Jolie.
- Mosi: This unisex Swahili name means “the firstborn.”
- Jabori: “One who brings comfort” is the meaning of this boy’s name.
- Hassian: This boy’s name means “handsome.” The female form, Hasnaa, means “beautiful.”
Native American baby names:
- Tallulah: With Chocktaw origins, this girl’s name means “leaping waters.”
- Orenda: A mystical name from the Iroquois tribe, this name means “magic power.”
- Winona: A girl’s name made popular by the actress Winona Ryder, this Sioux name means “the first daughter.”
- Jacy: This boy’s name, meaning “the moon,” is popular among the Blackfoot tribe.
- Hania: A Hopi name meaning “spirit warrior,” this could be a cool name for your son.
- Misu: Meaning “rippling water,” this boy’s name is from the Miwok tribe.
- Odina: This Algonquin tribal name for girls means “mountain.”
- Tahoma: From the Puyallup tribe, this boy’s name means “giver of the water.”
Portuguese baby names:
- Javier: This variant of the boy name Xavier means ‘bright.’
- Amelia: This charming girl’s name means “diligent” and “brave.”
- Dayana: Looking for a divine girl’s name? This one means “heavenly,” and “bright, shining one.”
- Silverio: A reference to Sylvanus, who was the god of trees, this is an unusual name for a baby boy.
- Tiago: Thai boy’s name means “may God protect” and has an alternate spelling of Thyago.
- Joana: Sometimes spelled Joanna, this girl’s name means “God is gracious.”
- Léa: This girl’s name means “ruler” or “lioness.” Related names include Léonie and Leonor, which is thought to be a Portuguese variant of Eleanor.
- Vidal: You’ll be grateful for your baby boy’s life, and that’s just what this name means (“life”). You can also spell it Videl.
Greek baby names:
- Theodore: This boy’s name means “God-given” or “gift of God.” Girls' names related to Theodore include Theodora, Dorothy, and Dorothea.
- Penelope: This girl’s name from Greek mythology means “weaver.”
- Chloe: An alternate name for the Greek goddess of agriculture, Demeter, this name means “young green shoot.”
- Zoe: This girl’s name (or its modern spelling, Zoey or Zooey) means “life.”
- Christopher: This Greek-derived name means “Christ-bearer” with the words Christos (“Christ”) and phero (“to bear”).
- Andrew: This popular boy’s name is derived from the Greek name Andreas, meaning “manly and strong.”
- Elena: This version of Helen means "torch." Looking for a different spelling? Consider Elaina, Ellena or Alena.
- Sophia: This pretty girl’s name means “wisdom.”
- Nicholas: This strong name means “people of victory.” Though it’s a boy’s name, it shares origins with the Greek goddess of victory, Nike.
- Cora: Meaning “maiden,” this girl’s name was another name for Persephone, the goddess of fertility.
Looking for more baby name inspiration? Try Huggies’ Baby Name Finder!