When preparing a nursery, you stock up on clothing, supplies, and diapers to welcome your baby home. Unfortunately, though, it’s not that easy for every family. Affording diapers to keep their children clean, dry, and healthy is a tremendous struggle for many families in the U.S.
To help families in need, Huggies joined forces with the National Diaper Bank Network (NDBN) as a founding sponsor in 2010. A new nationwide study conducted by the NDBN and Huggies reveals the who, what, where, and how of Diaper Need in the U.S.
- One in two U.S. families struggles with diaper need. In fact, three in five of those in need miss work or school due to a lack of sufficient diapers to send their children to child care, day care or early education programs.
- Diaper need affects parents, too. One third of households in need report feeling stressed or overwhelmed by diapering. And 73% of total respondents to a Huggies survey feel they’re not being good parents when their children are left too long in a dirty diaper.
- Huggies aims to eradicate the issue. As a founding sponsor of the National Diaper Bank Network, they’ve donated more than 200 million diapers and wipes to help all babies thrive.
- Help is available for those in need. The number of diaper banks has grown steadily from 40 in 2011 to more than 300 today.
- There are many ways to get involved. You can make a monetary contribution to the National Diaper Bank Network. Another way to get involved is by volunteering at a diaper bank in your community or hosting a diaper drive with your school, business, civic or faith organization.
Learn more about the National Diaper Bank Network here: http://nationaldiaperbanknetwork.org/
By Bethany Kandel