Feeling a little worn out from being home all day with the kids? Here's a boost: A reassuring reminder about the many, many benefits of being a mom.
- Also Father's Day, because when else are you treated like a national hero for making pancakes and frying bacon?
- There's no shame in needing to be needed (it does feel nice) and you know what? That kiddo does need you. For food, for comfort, for love.
- A baggie of Goldfish in your purse at all times. Handy! Delicious!
- For better or for worse, your name is the first they call when they have a boo-boo or a fever. This will be true probably through college.
- You've got an absolutely reasonable excuse to go to bed at 9 pm.
- And think of all the money you're saving by not going out!
- Petting zoos. C'mon, the llamas are pretty much the most entertaining show in town.
- Maternity jeans. As if they're just for pregnancy.
- "We are now boarding first class...and families with small children."
- The excitement of finding boxes of toys in your parents’ home from when you were a kid—which become your child’s new favorites.
- Did you ever think you'd be able to order cheese-fries again after age 17? And yet...fries with calcium on top seems like a good idea with a kid around, especially one who wants to share.
"Wanna snuggle, Mommy?"