If you’re getting ready to welcome a little Valentine’s guy in the next few weeks, you may be considering names that have some connection with the holiday of love.
After all, what could be a better Valentine’s gift than a snuggly new baby?
Here are 15 names I love for a February boy:
- Anteros – This ancient Greek name for the god of mutual love has good omens that you and your baby will share that kind of two-way affection!
- Byron – Famous for romantic poets like Lord Byron, this is the perfect name for a literary lover’s baby.
- Carwyn – A cool, unusual name that means “love” in Welsh. He can go by “Car” or “Wyn” for short.
- Connelly – This is a fresh spin on the super-popular Connor, and it means “love and friendship” in Irish.
- Chad – If you like a name that isn’t too unusual, but has some special significance for you, this name has African-American roots that mean “great love.”
- Dante – Not only does it mean “everlasting,” but Dante is most famously the poet who wrote “Divine Comedy” where his beloved Beatrice guides him through heaven. Plus it just has a fun, modern vibe.
- Darrell – This English name means “dearly loved.” Perfect for your little Valentine.
- Davis – The name “David” isn’t going out of style anytime soon and means “beloved” in Hebrew. If you want a newer spin on the classic, try Davis or Davidson instead.
- France – Paris is the city of love, so France is a great masculine name for a baby born in February.
- Het – This Hindu name means “love,” and I always love a short name to go with a longer last name.
- Lance – A shorter version of Lancelot, who loved Queen Guinevere, wife of King Arthur (who you probably know from The Sword in the Stone!).
- Lysander – One of the love-struck boys from A Midsummer Night’s Dream, this name is hip and memorable.
- Marcade – I love this unusual, but easy-to-pronounce name of a Lord from Shakespeare’s “Love’s Labours Lost.”
- Rhett – If you’re a Gone with the Wind fan, it’s hard to go wrong with the ever-popular name of this handsome leading man who loves Scarlet.
- Vance – You may not want to go with the name “Valentine” for your tiny guy, but you can pick another strong name that starts with V!
Image: Disney Baby