Summer is quickly coming to an end (in fact, in our town, school started three weeks ago!), so now is the time to take advantage of these last sunny days.
In June, it seems like there is so much summer ahead, but with it winding down, it’s the perfect opportunity to squeeze in a few more warm weather activities with your family. Try one or all of these and enjoy the sight of those little dimpled knees and elbows in swimsuits and shorts. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Go for a swim. Get a few last uses out of your baby’s swimsuit – they’ll be too big for it next summer!
- A picnic dinner. I don’t know what it is about eating outside, but it’s just magical. Don’t feel like you have to go crazy; some simple sandwiches or takeout is plenty fun for everyone.
- Visit the farmer’s market. Summer produce is the best and getting it straight from the grower is the the way to go. My girls love scoping out the stands, trying a few samples, and picking up a couple of things to try at home.
- Make popsicles. Nothing says summer like a homemade popsicle. And they’re so simple! Just pour in some leftover smoothie or blend up a fruit or two with some juice and voila!
- Spend the morning at the park. Ditch your usual responsibilities and let your baby enjoy the fresh air (and you’ll love it too!).
How will you enjoy the last days of summer with your little one?
Image : Disney Baby