Your baby certainly has plenty of gear (like enough darling outfits to last her till college). Now it’s your turn. Shower yourself with Mom-approved stuff that will make those first few postpartum weeks fly by.
1. Comfy sleepwear for new moms. Late-night feedings feels much better in nice jammies. “I loved my cotton nursing pajamas that I got in both black and pink,” says Sherlyn Pang Luedtke, a mother of one from West Hills, California. “I was able to breastfeed without having to strip down, and they were so cozy.”
2. Nursing pads for nursing mothers. Avoid wet-shirt disasters by stockpiling some to stick in your bra; pack extras in the glove compartment.
3. A loaded MP3 player.
4. A food delivery service. After having twins, Julie Nations, of Framingham, Massachusetts gave up on going to the grocery store for a few months. As she says, “Signing up for Peapod delivery (a service that brings groceries to your door) wasn’t that much more expensive and it was a lifesaver, both in time and sanity!”
5. Some good shapewear for postpartum body. Spanx and other body slimmers aren’t just for squeezing into a date-night dress. “My mom gave me one after my first child was born,” says Shannon Taylor, a mother of five from Ames, Iowa. “It sucked in my stomach and helped me feel put-together when I went out.”
6. A portable coffee mug. A cup or two of joe won’t affect your breast milk or wire your baby, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. “Hot coffee made me happy because I was sleeping so little, but it would end up cold because the baby kept me so busy,” recalls Becky Paulzine, a mom of one in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The lifesaver: a spill-proof travel mug she carried around the house, so she could have her coffee and drink it, too.
An article from the HUGGIES® Brand
< previous article
next article >
For more information about other great Kimberly-Clark brands, visit our website at
All names, logos and trademarks are the property of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. or its affiliates. © 2010 KCWW. All rights reserved. Your visit to this site and use of the information hereon is subject to the terms of our
Please review our
Disney Elements © Disney. Disney/Pixar Elements © Disney/Pixar.
Terms & Conditions
*Asterisks indicate required fields