By: Erin Loechner
In today's digital world, traditional baby books seem to exist few and far between. After all, show me a mother who has time to painstakingly scrapbook every fiber of her baby's history into a spiral-bound journal and I'll show you Superwoman. But there are certainly ways to preserve those wonderful memories while still maintaining your own sanity. Here are five great ideas to try!:
1. Baby's First Twitter AccountSometimes all you have time for is 140 characters, yes? Create a Twitter account for your baby and post status updates of latest milestones, funny moments and first words. Friends and family will be delighted to follow along, and you'll have each magical moment all in one spot!
2. A Recipe to RememberTiny Tales transforms average recipe boxes into living, breathing baby books with pre-designed index cards for unexpected moments and fun surprises. Document baby's first foods, sleep habits and new adventures onto each card; then organize by age when you have a minute to yourself. (Or when baby graduates high school. Whichever comes first!)
3. InstaBabyIf you're like me, you're already using Instagram to capture your baby's favorite moments. Why not print them all into a digital baby book you'll keep forever? (And while you're at it, check out some even crazier ideas for printing your Instagrams. Tiles, anyone?)
4. Box the MemoriesSometimes, words simply aren't enough. Grab a spare shoebox to house all of those tangible baby items you'll want to remember forever, like baby's first pacifier, hospital hat or spoon. Then, get ready to decorate it with your child when he/she is older – it's a perfect way to bond on a rainy day.
5. Include YouDon't forget to include a bit of your own thoughts for baby to remember. I write weekly letters to my daughter on my blog, but a bedside journal with a few notes will do the trick just the same. It's the perfect way for your baby to look back and appreciate all of the 'mom moments' the two of you shared.
An article from
< previous article
next article >
For more information about other great Kimberly-Clark brands, visit our website at
All names, logos and trademarks are the property of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. or its affiliates. © 2010 KCWW. All rights reserved. Your visit to this site and use of the information hereon is subject to the terms of our
Please review our
Disney Elements © Disney. Disney/Pixar Elements © Disney/Pixar.
See HUGGIES® Enjoy the Ride
Terms & Conditions