As a new mom, you’ve got plenty of things to think about other than getting your daily fill of water. So don’t think about it—make it a no-brainer with our simple strategies.
1. Start your day off right. “I pour myself a glass of water when I wake up in the morning, and then I’m in the mindset to keep drinking water all day long,” says Kelly Emley, a Massillon, Ohio mom of three.
2. Put water, water everywhere. Leave a glass or pitcher of it in the spots where you hang out the most—by the bed, the couch, or the rocking chair where you nurse.
3. Make it fancy. Dress up water with apple or orange slices or berries. Use a spiffy glass and you’ll feel like you’re drinking a fruity cocktail (well, almost).
4. Don’t leave home without it. “I fill a couple of reusable bottles with water or seltzer in the morning, then I toss one bottle under the stroller and one in the car,” says Maritza Archila, a mom of three in Kenosha, Wisconsin. “I even bought an inexpensive soda machine that carbonates regular water. It takes seconds, and I love the taste.”
5. Down other liquids, too. Skim milk, coffee and tea do, although research shows that downing 500 to 600 mg of caffeine a day (about four cups of coffee) can have a diuretic effect. “I like to make homemade decaf iced green and fruit teas year round—they’re a great pick-me-up,” says Joanna Kluch, a mom of one in Springfield, Missouri. Fruit juice and juice drinks also hydrate you (just don’t overdo the sugar).
6. Eat water-filled foods. “Fruits and vegetables are especially high in water content,” notes Lammel-Harmon. She likes to snack on frozen grapes and makes breakfast smoothies with fruit, skim milk, yogurt, and ice. Mmm, mmm good—and good for you.
An article from the HUGGIES® Brand
< previous article
next article >
For more information about other great Kimberly-Clark brands, visit our website at
All names, logos and trademarks are the property of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. or its affiliates. © 2010 KCWW. All rights reserved. Your visit to this site and use of the information hereon is subject to the terms of our
Please review our
Disney Elements © Disney. Disney/Pixar Elements © Disney/Pixar.
See HUGGIES® Enjoy the Ride
Terms & Conditions