Get tips for taking pictures of your kids from a photographer who knows the best moments for baby photos.
With digital cameras, it’s a snap to take a million and one adorable pictures of your child. But which ones will you truly cherish throughout the years? Family photographer Alden Gewirtz, a dad of one in New York City, reveals five must-have moments to capture on camera.
1. Favorite lovey: Whether your child adores his blankie, bunny, or purple-striped frog, be sure to preserve a few memories of the two of them cuddled together. Later in life, you can both reminisce about his first love.
2. Playing in the snow: "The first time your child makes a snow angel or catches snowflakes on her tongue, it’s really magical," says Gewirtz. Stand above your child and shoot downward. Live in a warmer climate? Snap shots of your child splashing around in rain boots.
3. Giant steps: When your toddler starts, well, toddling, get an action shot by sitting on the floor and snapping shots from behind as he walks past you. "From that angle," says Gewirtz, "it almost looks like a monster movie about a giant baby!"
4. Fast asleep: A child never looks more angelic than when she’s in dreamland, especially if she’s just fallen asleep on someone’s shoulder. Get a close-up of the long lashes and chubby cheeks.
5. All in the family: If you have a favorite parent-child photo from your own childhood, recreate it with your son or daughter. Then frame the two photos together for a beautiful family heirloom.
An article from the HUGGIES® Brand
< previous article
next article >
For more information about other great Kimberly-Clark brands, visit our website at
All names, logos and trademarks are the property of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. or its affiliates. © 2010 KCWW. All rights reserved. Your visit to this site and use of the information hereon is subject to the terms of our
Please review our
Disney Elements © Disney. Disney/Pixar Elements © Disney/Pixar.
See HUGGIES® Enjoy the Ride
Terms & Conditions